Roundabout’s vision, mission and values
Roundabout’s vision ‘Improving the quality of people’s lives’
Roundabout’s mission ‘Working to overcome disadvantage and waste and realise the potential within our community’
Roundabout’s values are;
- Sustainability: We actively encourage reducing, reusing and recycling to reduce waste in order to conserve natural resources and to protect the environment.
- Respect for all: We are inclusive and committed to respecting diversity.
- Integrity: We maintain the highest standards of ethical behaviour.
- Compassion: We stand in solidarity with people that need the help with the provision of essential furniture. We always uphold their dignity.
- Quality: We take pride in providing good quality serviceable furniture to individuals and families in financial need.
- Affordability: We ensure the availability of affordable furniture to the public who may be on low incomes.
Roundabout is recognised as a leading furniture re-use charity and is based in south Worcestershire. The organisation became a registered charity in its own right in April 2001 having operated under the auspices of the Evesham Volunteer Centre since 1994. In March 2004 it became a private company, limited by guarantee and not having a share capital.
A small board of directors and trustees oversees the operation of the charity which is run by a manager.
The charity collects good quality household furniture and other domestic items. These items are distributed to those families and individuals on low incomes and are in financial need or who have experienced devastation, perhaps by floods or fire.
Members of the public can visit our warehouse to purchase furniture and other items including books and ornaments. The income from these sales helps the charity to finance its operating costs.