Are you looking for a job that makes a difference?
Retail Charity Shop Supervisor
Roundabout, the award winning furniture and household goods re-use charity based near Evesham, is looking to fill a new position of Sales Supervisor.
You will have retail experience with a flair for interior design, as well as delivering outstanding customer service, along with the ability to work and lead a team with a range of abilities and be able to work with referral agencies and their clients, delivering real change in people’s lives.
Mon – Thursday 09.00 – 13.30 and two Saturdays a month 10.00 – 2.00. Salary £11.50 an hour
You will take a proactive approach dealing with customers’ sales and their enquiries. You will be using your entrepreneurial skills and have the commercial awareness to drive business, push sales and achieve targets, combined with the ability to plan and prioritise, knowledge of the charity retail industry would be an advantage. You’ll be aiming to provide an excellent customer service, ensuring that resource and policies are in place to ensure smooth and effective procedures.
- Pro-actively maintain a well merchandised shop that pushes the boundaries and goes above and beyond your customer’s individual expectations
- Working with our Warehouse Supervisors, managing stock, ensuring sold items are moved off the shop floor promptly and replaced appropriately
- Liaising with local agencies and referral partners to ensure those in crisis or urgent need are helped, whilst keeping the balance of stock to meet walk in customers’ requirements
- Attend management meetings and assist at other shops as required
- Maximise the income and profits generated by the shop, achieving as a minimum the targets set
- Control operating costs whilst complying with organisational policies and procedures
- Implement agreed marketing strategies for the shop and regularly produce articles for the organisation’s website and approved social media pages as directed by the Manager
- Support specific retail initiatives and undertake any related training to maximise income generation through trading activities
- Sale of new and used goods, including: furniture, appliances, kitchenware, books, DVD’s, bric-a-brac, paint and more
- Be responsible for the secure management of cash and credit transactions and the secure storage and transfer of monies, adhering to laid down cash and bank procedures
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Trading Standards regulations relating to the sale of safe and appropriate goods
- Be responsible for ensuring all relevant policies and health and safety protocols pertaining to Roundabout are adhered to by staff, including but not limited to Fire and Manual Handling
- Participate in any appropriate training and development opportunities and pursue relevant training and up-skilling opportunities for staff members and volunteers under your management
- Carrying out any additional tasks outside your usual role to meet the needs of the business.
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines and take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Have excellent communication, negotiation, and advisory skills, both written and verbal when interacting with a range of customers and individuals
- Have strong crisis management skills and ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
- Deliver and promote excellent organisation and prioritisation
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in service requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years retail experience, ideally in a team leader role
- A flair for visual merchandising
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to act on your own initiative as well as being part of a team in a demanding environment
- Able to manage a wide range of customers, often stressed and struggling to help themselves, for example having been made homeless and having to start again
- Able to drive
- Willing to be flexible with regards to timekeeping to meet the needs of the client base
- Experience of on-line sales
- Physically fit, able to lift and carry stock to help change displays
What we offer
- Salary, £11.50 an hour
- 4 weeks holiday, plus Bank Holidays and company holidays
- Other benefits, including discounts at a local leisure centre
To apply please click on the link bellow and complete the form and send back to Roundabout